Saturday, May 14, 2011

Friday's Fabulous Woman: Diane von Furstenburg

Strong, creative and very much her own person, Diane von Furstenburg made her stamp on the fashion world with the introduction of the wrap dress in 1974.   Over 30 years later she heads a fashion empire full of pattern and color which is my personal weakness.  I never wear dresses but if I was going to, hers would be the ones I would dream of wearing.

There is an interesting historical look at her professional life on her site under the title: Journey of a Dress .   This is also the title of a show at the Pace Gallery in Beijing which I would love to see -- maybe it will come to LA.

The pictures below are from the DVF site and the Pace Gallery.  The clothing is the Spring 2011 collection and the scarf is one of the fabulous scarves in the DVF line.


No comments: