Saturday, September 18, 2010

Friday's Fabulous Woman: Elizabeth Taylor

A day late (and probably a dollar short - whatever that means:) ) . . . This week, I want to celebrate the always glamorous Dame Elizabeth Taylor who seems to have crammed five lifetimes of achievements into one.   An iconic actress of the "golden age" and the winner of two Academy Awards, her movies include National Velvet, Cleopatra and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?.

Known for love life (she has been married eight times to seven husbands) and her jewelry collection, as much as her work, she has been active in raising funds and awareness for HIV/AIDS since the 1980s - long before it was 'fashionable'.  Unsurprisingly she is accredited with saying "I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions."  I hope that when I look back on a lifetime of living, I have lived with at least a small percentile of her passion.   Loving these Life Magazine covers from the 1940s to the 1970.

No comments: